Mary Baker Eddy is the discoverer and founder of Christian Science.
- was born in New Hampshire, USA, in 1821.
- was raised in a devoutly Christian family and the Congregational church.
- was healed, while reading the Bible, of a life-threatening injury in 1866. This gave her insight into how Jesus healed and her entire life was transformed.
- verified and shared her discovery of the scientific basis for Christian healing through healing and teaching others to heal.
- published the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, in 1875. This book fully explains the teachings of Christian Science and the laws of spiritual healing.
- organised a church in 1879.
- became one of the most recognised and respected American women of her time.
- was inducted in the National Women’s Hall of Fame in the United States.
- was voted in 1998 as one of the most important religious leaders of the 20th century.